Thursday, August 20, 2020

Throwback Match Reviews: Magnum TA vs Tully Blanchard (Mid-Atlantic) (11/28/1985)

 Magnum TA vs Tully Blanchard (Mid-Atlantic) 11/28/1985


This was the famous I Quit Steel Cage Match for the United States Title. I can see why it was considered great for its time but it definitely does not hold up. It was a nice little brawl. The match is a victim of expectations for sure. The blood helped a lot. The match was 14 minutes and 44 seconds long but it honestly felt much longer than that. At times it felt as though they were fighting underwater. The “brutality” was tame even for its time. The match just wasn’t very good. The crowd helped a ton but it could not save it. It wasn’t a bad match. I was left unimpressed. This is one of the most overhyped matches of all time. My review for this is so short because I honestly did not feel a single thing from this match. Not joy, hate, anger, satisfaction nothing.


Final Rating - **¾


No comments:

Post a Comment